Tuesday, July 1, 2008

So much promise.....At first.

This has got to be the most disappointing election in my lifetime. And it is still months away.

I remember a couple of years ago, thinking "Gosh, a Clinton-McCain election would be the best possible thing - I could live with either winner!" Well, the demise of Hillary took care of half of that (more on Obama in a second) and McCain is now trumpeting the Bush line, like the last 8 years have been just peachey. Is anyone better off now, than in 2000 - aside from Halliburton executives?

So, now the choice becomes: another 4-8 years of King George the II, or throwing ourselves into the total unknown. Read the Obama website before you vote. I'll be voting for Obama simply because the option is unacceptable, but if there was another option, I'd consider it.

Where do we go from here? Into the wild blue, I guess. I'm seriously considering England. Think about it. If Obama wins, the war will end, the troops will come home, and our taxes will be higher then those in Britain. If it's McCain, your money will continue to support the murder of Americans and Iraqis, all for oil - and Halliburton, of course.

Good luck. We'll need it.

No comments: