Monday, October 13, 2008

Tine Fey is going to make SNL relevent again on her own

Tina Fey is f*cking hilarious. Seriously. The original SNL crew was great, and the crew from about 1987 until 1997 or so was very funny, but since it has been generally underwhelming. Even those of you who watch religiously got to admit that you'd rather watch Chevy Chase, Gilda Radner, and John Belushi or Mike Myers, Chris Farley, and David Spade then the crew right now. Other than Tina Fey. She is an absolute riot. Her Palin act is going to single-handedly make me watch this weekend. And I don't mean like "if I'm home, I might watch" I mean "I am going to make it a point to be somewhere to watch".

I'm not a TV guy. I don't have TiVO. In fact, the only thing I watch on TV is sports, movies, THC (The History Channel - get your mind out of the gutter), and the comedy channel quasi-news shows (The Daily, Colbert, etc.) I saw Tina Fey with a flute in the Palin get-up, and I decided to make it a point to watch.

No comments: